ETEC 643

Instructional Technology Master's Program

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Session 3

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for my absence. I've had some personal matters that I've had to deal with. But, it's time for this old boy to get back in the game. I haven't gotten much done this quarter, so I'm playing catchup.

What I've done so far is to re-organize my journal articles by the strands in my literature review.

I've also begun to re-read many of the journal articles to get more meat out of them for my literature review.

In addition I've been doing more research on the computer.

I'm still up in the air on whether I still want to do a thesis/project or a straight thesis. I'll definitely need some input from Dr. Newberry on this.

As it looks now, I don't know if I will be ready to take ETEC 699 next quarter. I would hate to wait a whole year to be able to take it again. Again, Dr. Newberry's input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a tenative timeline my master's program:

Spring Quarter 2006: Complete rough draft of design/development project and IRB application.
July-September 2006: Revision/Editing.
October 2006: First reader.
November 2006: Second reader.
December-February 2007: Follow timeline for Winter 2007 timeline.
February 17, 2007: First format review deadline.
March 10, 2007: Thesis Defense format deadline.
June, 2007:
i. March 17: Final Format Review Deadline.
ii. March 24: Binding Payment Deadline.

It appears that I may already be off the mark. I don't know if I can recover in time.


1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back! Sometimes these sorts of projects seem impossible at some points of the process. It gets better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home